Content Planning - January "Days"
Can you believe it's almost 2018?! We picked out some of our favorite January "days" so you can get the new year off to a fun start!
Before jumping in, just a few reminders about these "days":
1. Don't post on more than one or two of these "days". No one wants to follow an account that's just full of National "Days".
2. Make sure it ties into your brand! Why does it matter that you're chiming in on this day? Why should someone care? Can you tie your product or service to that day?
3. Get your hashtags right! Ensure that you've got the one main hashtag and any related hashtags ready to go when you post. This is a great way to expand your reach on social and get discovered by new accounts. I like to post the main hashtag in my copy and then comment with the other 29 (or less) hashtags. Don't worry, we have a full post on hashtags coming soon!
4. Plan it out! Write down the date on your calendar (especially if you have a content calendar for social!) and go ahead and plan out the photo and copy you're going to post. See our Ice Cream Day post, that was taken a month in advance!
Now that we've refreshed on that, here are the December days you can post content around! The ones in bold are the days we covered in our Facebook Live. Go check it out to get some ideas around what you could post on these days - click here.
- January 1-7 :: New Year's Resolution Week
- January 8-14 :: National Pizza Week
- Monday, January 1 :: New Years Day & National Bloody Mary Day
- Tuesday, January 2 :: National Personal Trainer Awareness Day
- Thursday, January 4 :: National Trivia Day
- Saturday, January 6 :: National Cuddle Up Day & National Technology Day
- Monday, January 8 :: National Winter Skin Day & National Bubble Bath Day & National Clean Off Your Desk Day
- Saturday, January 13 :: National Vision Board Day
- Sunday, January 14 :: National Dress Up Your Pet Day
- Monday, January 15 :: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Thursday, January 18 :: National Get To Know Your Customers Day
- Friday, January 19 :: National Popcorn Day
- Saturday, January 20 :: National Cheese Lover's Day
- Sunday, January 21 :: National Hugging Day
- Tuesday, January 23 :: National Pie Day
- Wednesday, January 24 :: National Compliment Day & National Peanut Butter Day
- Thursday, January 25 :: National Opposite Day
- Friday, January 26 :: National Green Juice Day & National Spouses Day
- Sunday, January 28 :: National Have Fun At Work Day
- Monday, January 29 :: National Puzzle Day
- Tuesday, January 30 :: National Plan For Vacation Day & National Croissant Day
- Wednesday, January 31 :: National Inspire Your Heart With Art Day
We can't wait to see all your content! And don't forget to request access to our closed Facebook Group where we will be discussing all things social media and sharing exclusive Lives! Lastly, you still have until Monday to enter our awesome GIVEAWAY!
Happy Holidays and New Year!