Content Planning - November "Days"
We usually go Live every month to share the next month's holidays and social media days that you can post about and begin to create your content plan around. This month we have FIVE Live's coming up next week (10/16-10/20) for National Business Women's Week with lots of special guests (more details coming soon) so we decided to stick to just a blog post for this one.
Before jumping in, just a few reminders about these "days":
- Don't post on more than one or two of these "days". No one wants to follow an account that's just full of National "Days".
- Make sure it ties into your brand! Why does it matter that you're chiming in on this day? Why should someone care? Can you tie your product or service to that day?
- Get your hashtags right! Ensure that you've got the one main hashtag and any related hashtags ready to go when you post. This is a great way to expand your reach on social and get discovered by new accounts. I like to post the main hashtag in my copy and then comment with the other 29 (or less) hashtags. Don't worry, we have a full post on hashtags coming soon!
- Plan it out! Write down the date on your calendar (especially if you have a content calendar for social!) and go ahead and plan out the photo and copy you're going to post. See our Ice Cream Day post, that was taken a month in advance!
Now that we've refreshed on that, here are the November days you can post content around:
- All Month Long :: Adopt a Senior Pet Month (I'm a big advocate of pet adoption and LOVE this considering how many senior pets there are that need a home) ALSO Movember (men's health awareness, grow a mustache), also known as No Shave November ALSO National Gratitude Month ALSO National Peanut Butter Lovers Month
- Wednesday, November 1 :: World Vegan Day (it's also Vegan Month)
- Thursday, November 2 :: National Men Make Dinner Day (Must Cook. No BBQ Allowed!)
- Friday November 3 :: National Sandwich Day
- Saturday, November 4 :: National Stress Awareness Day & National Candy Day
- Sunday, November 5 :: Daylight Savings Time Ends
- Monday, November 6 :: National Nachos Day
- Wednesday, November 8 :: National Cappuccino Day
- Saturday, November 11 :: Veterans Day
- Sunday, November 12 :: #ChickenSoupForTheSoulDay
- Monday, November 13 :: World Kindness Day
- Wednesday, November 15 :: National Philanthropy Day & America Recycles Day & #CleanOutYourRefrigeratorDay
- Saturday, November 18 :: National Adoption Day
- Sunday, November 19 :: International Men's Day
- Monday, November 20 :: Universal Children's Day
- Thursday, November 23 :: Thanksgiving
- Friday, November 24 :: Black Friday
- Saturday, November 25 :: Small Business Saturday #ShopSmall
- Sunday, November 26 :: National Cake Day
- Monday, November 27 :: Cyber Monday
- Tuesday, November 28 :: National Day of Giving #GivingTuesday
- Thursday, November 30 :: Stay Home Because You're Well Day
What days will you be posting on?! Can't wait to see all your content!